IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kevin Swindell (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=2587)

Charles Nungester 1/8/08 8:18 PM

Re: Kevin Swindell

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinser (Post 23952)
Any side bets on what his total number of flips will be this year ? He led USAC last year with 8 counting the one at Salem that USAC didn`t count ! LOL

Might set some Record in ARCA???

Joey Woods 1/8/08 8:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinser (Post 23952)
Any side bets on what his total number of flips will be this year ? He led USAC last year with 8 counting the one at Salem that USAC didn`t count ! LOL

How many others on that list did he cause? For those folks that say he gets a bad wrap because of his fathers fame, people the numbers don't lie.:headbang:

kinser 1/8/08 8:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Woods (Post 23954)
How many others on that list did he cause? For those folks that say he gets a bad wrap because of his fathers fame, people the numbers don't lie.:headbang:

What he said ! I was just thinking the same thing ! It would be interesting to know how many of those he caused ! Someone call Donald Davidson quick ! LOL

Hawker 1/9/08 1:36 AM

Once again, I see the bias posting in here. Did you see it? I did. Did you see the other 9 flips today? What are your comments about those? How about the 83 car that flipped in every race he was in, what are your comments on that?

FYI - Technically, I really wouldn't call Kevin's deal a flip. The inside berm is the tallest I have seen it in the 17 years I've been going to the Chili Bowl. It is roughly 20" to 24" high and VERY uneven. 5 of the 9 cars that flipped today/night were from just touching the berm. Once the LF touches it, it sucks the car right in. Kevin just touched it with the LF, it sucked the car in and tripped over the LF and he caught in by making a hard right turn and the car basically did a pirouette. There will be a lot of cars destroyed by the larger berm this year, mark my words.

If you guys are going to bash drivers, why not bash all of them that wreck. Why not bash Dave Darland? He spun today during practice all by himself infront of a group of cars stacking everyone up. No, can't do that, he's one of "our own"... :rolleyes:

Let's not have a double standard, one standard will do just fine. :headbang:

Rex W. 1/9/08 1:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawker (Post 24010)
Once again, I see the bias posting in here. Did you see it? I did. Did you see the other 9 flips today? What are your comments about those? How about the 83 car that flipped in every race he was in, what are your comments on that?

FYI - Technically, I really wouldn't call Kevin's deal a flip. The inside berm is the tallest I have seen it in the 17 years I've been going to the Chili Bowl. It is roughly 20" to 24" high and VERY uneven. 5 of the 9 cars that flipped today/night were from just touching the berm. Once the LF touches it, it suck the car right in. Kevin just touched it with the LF, it sucked the car in and tripped over the LF and he caught in by making a hard right turn and the car basically did a pirouette. There will be a lot of cars destroyed by the larger berm this year, mark my words.

If you guys are going to bash drivers, why not bash all of them that wreck. Why not bash Dave Darland? He spun today during practice all by himself infront of a group of cars stacking everyone up. No, can't do that, he's one of "our own"... :rolleyes:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

LocalYokel 1/9/08 2:39 AM

Quote:

FYI - Technically, I really wouldn't call Kevin's deal a flip. The inside berm is the tallest I have seen it in the 17 years I've been going to the Chili Bowl. It is roughly 20" to 24" high and VERY uneven. 5 of the 9 cars that flipped today/night were from just touching the berm. Once the LF touches it, it sucks the car right in. Kevin just touched it with the LF, it sucked the car in and tripped over the LF and he caught in by making a hard right turn and the car basically did a pirouette. There will be a lot of cars destroyed by the larger berm this year, mark my words.

Go back to Missouri!! :moon:

Heromaker 1/9/08 8:24 AM

Are you saying we are giving him a bad rap... He made his bed now he shall lie in it.

PJ Wright 1/9/08 9:00 AM

Quote:

There is no double standard. The ridicule that Kevin receives isn't based on who spins or flips the most during any one event. It's because of a pattern of behavior on and off the track. Interesting that you chose Dave Darland for your comparison. When I think of Dave, some things that come to mind are; class, good attitude, smart decisions, etc.. Those aren't things I normally associate with Kevin, at least not yet.
To me the bottom line is this: If a person is going to behave like a jerk, there should be no suprise when they're treated like one.

ossuks 1/9/08 9:19 AM

Quote:

Let me try to awnser that question:
1- Alot of people feel like he did not pay his dues, they also feel that way about any young driver that comes racing on Daddys money.
2-He gives one the impression that he is a step above everyone. Some say that he is not that way, that he is backwards like Sam?
3-Some feel he has a total disregard for those he races with and their equipment.
4- Some do not like his Daddy!

08 Prediction- Young Kevin will win 2 Woo races of the 45 or so that he runs after the 4th of July!

tailtank 1/9/08 10:55 AM

dues? So Brady Bacon and all of the other kids have paid theirs? B.S.

Do you believe a person can learn from his mistakes? How do you know Kevin hasn't? Because you don't like his lastname.

Keep cryin' boys..........:loser: