IndianaOpenWheel.com

Indiana Open Wheel (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/index.php)
-   Indiana Open Wheel Forum (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indy 500 (https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=109344)

racer-x 5/26/19 4:05 PM

If this was a horse race the winner would have been disqualified for getting out of his lane!

badcoupe 5/26/19 4:06 PM

Rossi played his hand a lap too soon. Helluva race though!

jdull99 5/26/19 4:07 PM

Re: Indy 500

Excellent rules package, race, & deserving winner. Career saver month for Pagenaud. Rossi WILL win another one (thankfully the American seems happy to be here and maybe gave up on his F-1 aspirations).

Lot of good stories thru the field. Another good 500 for Sato...Kanaan 9th in Foyt car...Conor Daly 10th...Pippa Mann CMR car 16th

Do gota say Special Ed's solid day & nice 6th place finish didn't seem to get much attention on either NBC or Indycar radio (the parts I sampled of both). For a part-time driver and not one of the biggest teams, think they coulda talked him up more

Gregg 5/26/19 4:38 PM

Simon drove a way smarter race.

In between the many commercials was some good racing.

Two drivers that raced midgets finished in the top 10.

IndianaSprintFan 5/26/19 5:26 PM

I will be honest I didn’t want a non American esp in a penski car to win but well deserved and a very good run by Simon. Will Ed ever have his day? I think his day will come

jdull99 5/26/19 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan (Post 513959)
I will be honest I didn’t want a non American esp in a penski car to win but well deserved and a very good run by Simon. Will Ed ever have his day? I think his day will come

If Penske is done with Helio, Ed has shown he deserves a shot in one of the Captain's cars there. He can take the offer Tony never did...lol

flagboy55 5/26/19 7:08 PM

The only problem I had with Danica this month was her wardrobe last week. She did fine. Anyone who thinks differently apparently has a deeper problem with her. Remember she has won an Indy Car race and done very well at the speedway. Let it go

oppweld 5/26/19 8:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagboy55 (Post 513965)
The only problem I had with Danica this month was her wardrobe last week. She did fine. Anyone who thinks differently apparently has a deeper problem with her. Remember she has won an Indy Car race and done very well at the speedway. Let it go

Very unbaised comment since the subject is dating a Packer and you're a Viking fan!

Speedwrench 5/26/19 8:13 PM

maybe I missed it, I'm getting old and don't pickup on things like I used to, but after watching the race and continued coverage on NBC Sports, I was disappointed that there was no finish run down.

Overall I think NBC did a good job and it was one of the better races in years.

miledirt 5/26/19 10:24 PM

Good race
Wasn't crazy about NBC's coverage... lot of commercials and did they have pit reporters? If they did, they didn't go to them much.